Sunday, March 2, 2014

You is kind. You is smart. You is important.

Listen, if there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that there is always gonna be someone better than you. Unless you're the smartest, strongest, most talented AND most attractive person in the world (and no one is), you will always find a reason to feel bad about yourself if you look for one. So don't even look.

I had a 5 minute personality crisis the other day where I got really depressed because I couldn't think of a single thing that made me different from millions of other people in the world. Yeah I'm tall, but tons of other people are too. Maybe I'm kind, but other people are a whole lot kinder. My body is nothing special. I'm not dazzlingly gorgeous. I'm a pretty good singer, but I'm nowhere near 60-years-ago-Julie-Andrews good. What's the point of wearing nice clothes or doing my hair if I'm still gonna be like everybody else?

But then I thought, wait. Remember in elementary school math where we learned about combinations? Like, "If Geoffrey has 5 shirts and 7 pairs of pants, how many different combinations of outfits can he make?" Guess what, you guys. We are each a metaphorical outfit in Geoffrey's wardrobe, except instead of just shirts and pants, in reality Geoffrey has hundreds of different types and aspects of clothing that each can be combined with hundreds of other things, allowing a nearly infinite amount of unique outfits to be created. I'm a little bit of nice and a little bit of a lot of other stuff, which makes me very much my own person. And I have friends because some people just happen to like that specific combination of ingredients that make me me.

My point is, we are all pretty cool people. Like honestly, that's the only thing I wanted to say. Haha guys. Life is good. If you're in the dumps, you gotta know that it gets better. It'll always get better. Don't run away from the people that care. They're there for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment