Friday, June 21, 2013

On Top of the World

I'm still in Europe, but I got sick of "The Euro-diaries" as a title.

Hello, everyone. It is currently the middle of the night here, the wind is blowing fiercely, and I'm crossing my fingers for a late night thunderstorm to seal the ending of a blissful day.

It's Midsummer's Eve! There'd still be some light in the sky if it weren't for the clouds, I'd wager. For those of you who don't know, this holiday is a pretty big deal for Nordic people. I don't know the whole history or anything, but in a nutshell, they celebrate the longest day of the year. People get drunk, dance, have parties, eat a lot, all that jazz. It was great!

My work is going just swimmingly, but laboring in the sun for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week can take a hefty toll. Most days all I wanna do when I get home is eat and sleep, but I persevere. I'm so glad I'm getting to experience both being in Sweden and doing this gardening/landscaping job. One of my goals in life is to just experience as much as I possibly can. First of all, it expands your mind and looks really good on a resume. But even better, when I'm old, I'll have a crap-ton of stories to tell my grandchildren.

Tomorrow we're going hiking on these beautiful cliffs on the shoreline, and then we're going to this cool desing-y shop called Iittala that my mother just loves, and I'm way stoked. Even here in the farm country area of Sweden, there are so many awesome things to do and see!

I love you all for reading this, and I miss all my buds back in the States! Word out. Stay tuned. Exciting things happening in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment