Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Just sayin' merci.

So it's Thanksgiving tomorrow.

So... thanks. For everything. I can guarantee that each and every person reading this deserves my gratitude in some way, even if it is only for taking the time to read this. I'm grateful for a family that cares. For friends that support me and put up with me, and who make me smile and laugh even when I don't feel like it. For a place to live. For a wonderful school to attend. For the gospel and the atonement of Jesus Christ. And for SO many other things, it would take a lifetime just to list them all.

Oh, and I'm thankful for Hostess. I know our relationship was short-lived, but I will cherish the memories we've made forever. R.I.P. <3

Let me tell you something. The more you think about how grateful you are for the blessings you have, the more you'll realize how many blessings you actually have; thus, the happier you'll be. Remember that.

You know what? I freaking love people. I love my friends. I love the people I left in Minnesota, and I love the people I've met here in Utah. When I first came out here, I was terrified. I'm the kind of person where it takes me a while to build up a great group of friends, and once I get used to it, I'm scared of change because then I'll have to go through the whole building process once again. But I've met so many fantastic people here, and it all happened so quickly! I couldn't be more happy with how things have turned out. I'm loving my time here, but of course I cannot freaking WAIT to be reunited with my crew in MN at Christmas time. Get ready to party.

I guess I should mention the fact that my big sister Tasha is getting married in less than two days. Man, I'm gonna miss that kid, but I'm convinced that Ben is the best thing that could ever happen to her. Don't tell her this, but I've always been secretly concerned that Tasha would never find someone who could understand her. But now I've totally been shown up! Ben's just as crazy as Tasha, if not more so. So mazel tov to you folks. Much love.

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -- Dr. Seuss

Au revoir, tout le monde, and Happy Thanksgiving!




P.S. Cecily-- spontanudity. 'nuff said.





No comments:

Post a Comment